3 - 5 years
Filtration Group is on a mission to make the world safer, healthier and more productive. With a passionate workforce, global footprint and world class engineering and manufacturing capabilities, we are driving innovation and developing solutions across a broad spectrum of applications in the fast-growing global filtration industry. We are committed to maintaining an entrepreneurial culture built on a foundation of trust and in which our leaders exhibit a strong bias for action.
The Company began in 2009 and has rapidly grown to be a global leader in the highly attractive filtration industry. With revenues of $1.6 billion, Filtration Group is consistently recognized as the fastest growing and one of the largest filtration businesses in the world. With over 7,000 employees, the Company serves its customers from a global footprint of 105 facilities in over 25 countries. Filtration Group operates across a wide variety of attractive end markets and produces mission critical products with high replacement rates. Over 80% of the Company’s revenue comes from replacement / consumable products, many of which are specified into customer’s products or processes.
Filtration Group is an affiliate of Madison Industries, one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value. The team at Madison is committed to building something truly remarkable that long outlasts them while coaching others to reach their highest potential.
An opening exists for a Regional Sales Manager position in our Northwest Region. Under the general supervision of the Director of Sales for the Americas, this position assists in formulating and implementing selling and account management strategies to achieve territory revenue objectives, including growth in the existing base business and pursuit of new revenue opportunities. This position requires the ability to effectively prospect for new opportunities with existing and developing technologies and drive new product opportunities to market quickly.
Regional Sales Manager- is responsible for all sales activities in assigned territory (North California, Nevada, Utah, Oregan, Idaho, Wyoming, Washington, and Montana). The primary focus will be on development of new distribution partners supporting industrial filtration applications with end users. Additionally, prospecting for new business, through direct sales efforts both with end users and with OEM prospects.
1. Aggressively Grow Territory Revenue
- Develop broad and deep relationships with targeted accounts by meeting with multiple levels of contacts.
- Unearth new product opportunities by utilizing effective prospecting, working with internal marketing experts, networking with technology partners, and leveraging relationships with existing customers.
- Qualify business opportunities as a means to effectively guide business decisions.
- Engage and coordinate a team of product and business development professionals committed to supporting the creation and launch of New Products.
- Collaborate with Development Engineering to prioritize and advance key projects that support revenue forecasts.
- Discover and report significant market and customer trends (including competitive activity) as a means toward supporting marketing efforts to leverage intelligence to achieve growth objectives.
2. Optimize Profit
- Develop compelling sales presentations and proposals focused on establishing the total value delivered by Porex to targeted key prospects and existing accounts.
- Utilize best-in-class pricing methodologies based on total value provided to achieve highest return on investments.
- Drive the Supply Agreement process and utilize creative, appropriate negotiation strategies focused on outcomes that are mutually beneficial to Porex and our loyal customers.
3. Drive Effective Account Management
- Manage customers’ expectations, identify decision makers, build relationships, and be the primary advocate for customer business needs and requirements.
- Manage complex, intricate customer relationships to protect and expand the base business.
- Develop account strategies and tactical plans for Key and Target Accounts including pricing and supply contract reviews and negotiations.
- Orchestrate and collaborate with internal resources to consistently and effectively meet or exceed customers’ supply expectations.
- Develop Territory Customer Care Representative as a means to achieving excellence in the areas of supply performance and overall customer satisfaction.
- Procure accurate, timely Demand Forecasts from key customers by which to effectively manage item demand cycles.
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on business administration, marketing, engineering or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
- 3+ years sales, marketing, sales engineering and/or business development experience working for a manufacturing company (preferably medical device or healthcare arenas) promoting products in a Supplier-OEM relationship.
- Proven track record of success in achieving revenue, profit and customer retention goals.
- Advanced knowledge of product development, manufacturing, and new product launch processes.
- Stable work history showing increased responsibility and professional growth.
- Possess strong initiative, ability to prioritize, set personal goals and work autonomously.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills with motivation and drive to succeed.
- Possess excellent verbal (including presentation), analytical and written skills.
- Must be able to speak the technical language of our customers and have high attention to detail.
- Must be a logical thinker, organized and possess outstanding time-management skills.
- Be innovative and creative in overcoming obstacles and arriving at unique business solutions.
- Be highly responsive to customer needs and perceptive to new business opportunities within existing accounts.
- Have knowledge of financial terms, demand forecasting, manufacturing, and global supply best practices.
- Possess knowledge of effective problem-solving, continuous improvement, and quality principles tools and practices.
- Have excellent interpersonal and cross-functional management skills with internal and external customers.
- Adept at using technology for effective management of responsibility: Internet, Microsoft Office Suite, ERP/CRM databases, etc.
Porex is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 234476093