Job ID: 118021053
This position interacts with customers in connection with the Company’s sale of custom coins, medallions and various collectable products using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in creating the products to their needs resulting in revenue generation. The sales function primarily involves telephone contact of new and existing customer base as well as occasional face-to-face customer interaction in order to generate leads and sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact prospective customers to determine customer needs, present information, and explain available services.
- Develop, present or respond to requests for specific customer requirements, including company-specific solutions.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers and maintain them over time.
- Develop the ability to “cross-sell” without pressure on customers by understanding customer needs and desires to commemorate events and milestones.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Properly complete work orders and submit for processing of client-requested transactions.
- Keep customers informed regarding the status of orders.
- Review all customer orders to ensure accuracy of information.
- Offer advice on the purchase of particular company products.
- Understand the manufacturing process.
- Interface with Manufacturing to ensure that requirements are clearly communicated, and that job planning is effectively completed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Must possess reasoning abilities, be able to think quickly and function in a fast-paced, high volume sales and customer service environment.
- Possession of strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and establish consistent working relations with customers as well as other team members is essential.
- Experienced in working closely with the marketing department and familiar with computers and sales programs/technologies.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet research.
Formal Education and Certification -- Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of relevant Business to Business sales experience.
- Experience representing an organization that manufactures custom products or a craft industry is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and custom production techniques is desirable.